Thursday, August 4, 2011

Clownfish major health problems please help he is about to die!?

I have a 29 gallon biocube tank. It was overstocked with too much fish so I removed them all but the cleaners. I added an Ocellaris clown cleaner shrimp and powerhead the day I got rid of everything else. It murked up my tank really bad and I thought it would get better soon It is my first tank I know the harm of detritus. This was last week. The clownfish swam weird. I noticed it on the first dayI added him hours after acclimation. He had his back fin messed up. the one he uses to swim. He had one big red vein showing. He stayed in the top near the surface. I did about 7 gallons of water changes that weekend and ran out of dechlorinator. I only have my permit so I cant drive myself and no one can take me to the store for a week now! I called my LFS and he said to turn off the tank lights cause the water looked greenish and said it could be algae. This worked in clearing up the tank a bit after four days with no light, I turned them on today and in horror saw that EVERY VEIN in the clownfishes tail was red and I could see them!!! I nearly had a panic attack. In the tank, there are also a small yellow watchman goby, a small pistol shrimp, and a small cleaner shrimp. THey all look fine!!! What is wrong with my poor clownfish? I lost my test kit, and have been stressed all week about finals. I am really scared! I feed the tank a pinch of food every night sometimes two pinches and sometimes a small krill near the pistol shrimp cave. I know the water quality may be out of wack but I can't fix it!!!If I do get a ride to the store, it will cost me. I will not be able to afford more aquarium salt and dechlorinizer tthe salt is really expensive at this place! What else can I get to try and treat my clownfish??? anything! his food has garlic solution in it and is supposedly healthy for them. everything else seems fine but now, I am watching him swimming looking like a zombie fish and freaking out. No one will help me I am really stressed. He is going to the top to gulp air occasionally. I turned the filter and powerhead to get more aireation. Please help what is wrong with him? A disease from before? Or my fault? NO DAMNED LINKS! I HATE IT! I CANT FIND ANYTHING ONLINE AND HAVE NO TIME please dont be an *** to me I am about to have a freak out. Does liverock help? Livesand? I have one medium sized piece of LR in it and about a inch of Livesand. I will try and feed him just enough to not waste any on the tank. Please help any way

No comments:

Post a Comment